We usually have more time for a proper hearty breakfast, or brunch during weekends. I choose this breakfast as my plans are skiing this weekend. Fuel yourself with the right ingredients upon starting your day and you'll be off to a GREAT start regardless of your plans for the day. Who is in? :)
Here is our recommendation, which is halfway in between a full english breakfast and porridge and yet a very healthy option for you and your family. Most importantly super delicious!
CREAMY MUSHROOM TOAST is one of our favourite breakfasts specially during the winter. The texture of the mushrooms is so deliciously creamy thanks to the coconut yoghurt. It just goes perfectly with the toast. This recipe is suitable for a home made brunch, too. Your guests will be amazed!
The chestnut mushrooms have a lot of benefits for our health. Some of them are listed below:
– Ability to boost the immune system and combat diseases
– Provides important vitamins, minerals and enzymes
– High in antioxidants, so they fight free radical damage
– Capability to inhibit viruses
– One of the best choice of food to increase the natural killer cells
– Lowers inflammation in the body
– Improves brain functions
Ingredients of the creamy mushrooms (for 2 persons)
500g of chestnut mushrooms, chopped (2 cups)
1 onion, chopped
8 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
A few springs of thyme, chopped
2 tablespoon of coconut yoghurt
Coconut oil to cook
Juice of one lemon
4 slices of toast (we used gluten free quinoa toasts)
How to prepare it
1) Chop the garlic & onion. Place them in a pan with coconut oil, cook for 5-7 minutes over medium heat until soft.
2) Once they are cooked, add in the mushrooms and give it all a good stir. Leave to cook for another 10 minutes until soft.
3) Before serving, add a good pinch of thyme, salt and pepper and stir through your yogurt and lemon juice.
4) Put your bread in the toaster.
5) When ready; spoon your mushrooms on top of your toast and serve with another sprinkle of thyme.
An amazing way to start your day!
Enjoy your weekend and your breakfast 😉