A simple, yet effective way to raise your vibration is by doing more of what you like doing. Having this in mind I have decided to organise a small gathering for friends. A group of friends vibing together makes magic 🙂 I decided to prepare some welcome drinks and snacks for them. You know the saying You become what you eat. On that basis I always make sure I offer my friends clean food, that skyrockets their vibrations. Naturally I am using a healthy recipe by Invest In Yourself.
I have a sweet tooth, so I chose to prepare homemade healthy and delicious donuts, that are also sugar free.
I just love these homemade donuts! First of all I`d like to tell you about why I always go for “homemade”. The reasons for me always preparing my own donuts are many: It`s a fact that the ones you buy in the regular stores are most often made with very unhealthy ingredients, such as refined sugars and/or white flour. Additionally the ones you can get in the stores have a lot of preservatives in them, that are dangerous to our health, as well as these do not have the necessary nutrients our body needs.
The regular ones also contain one of the most common food additives, called monosodium glutamate (MSG). It is unhealthy and affects the human body in different ways, like headache, vomiting, nausea, pain in the back of the neck, numbness and heart palpitations are common side-effects. MSG also leads to a range of neurological diseases on prolonged exposure. Monosodium glutamate is an excitotoxin that overexcites the cells in your body to the extent where they are so heavily damaged that they die.
Trans fats that are found in common oils are refined and very harmful for our health they low the level of good cholesterol and increase the bad one.
According to the recipe by Invest In Yourself these harmful ingredients were replaced by healthy ones in order to create not only healthy but also delicious and spongy donuts. According to the recipe I used both almond and coconut flour, both of them are good fats, they give us energy in a natural way and help us to reduce cardiovascular problems. Apple stabilises blood sugar, it`s antioxidant and helps us to maintain healthy teeth. They are filled with good fats to give you the necessary energy that you need for all day. An excellent recipe for the whole family 😉
• 1/2 cup of almond flour + 3 extra tablespoons
• 1/2 cup of coconut flour
• 1/3 cup coconut sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon cinammon
• 2 large eggs
• 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of buttermilk plant based
• 1/4 cup apple sauce preferably homemade
• 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
• 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla bean or extract
• 1/2 cup of peeled grated apple
• 3/4 cup coconut sugar
• 3/4 teaspoon cinammon
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
HOW TO PREPARE IT
• Pre heat the oven in 180ºC and grease the donut holds with a little bit of coconut oil
• In a bowl mix the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and cinammon
• In other bowl mix eggs, buttermilk, apple sauce, coconut oil and vanilla extract
• Mix both bowls and stir in with a wooden spoon and start adding the apple little by little
• Fill 3/4 of the donut molds and bake 20 minutes or until you see that they are a little bit gold (you can introduce a tooth pick inside one donut and if it comes clean is done, if not leave them 5 minutes more and check again)
• When they are done let them cool and start to prepare the topping
• Mix the coconut sugar with cinnamon in a bowl, paint the donuts with coconut oil and cover with the coconut sugar an cinnamon mix, introduce them in the oven again and leave them form 1 to 3 minutes (repeat the procedure in the other side)
Enjoy! 🙂 My guests are about to arrive, so I am logging off for the rest of the day. Hope you have a wonderful evening! 😉